Steps to Enrollment
Our admission process is designed with your ease in mind—just follow the steps below! We encourage you to apply by August 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester to ensure you have enough time to complete the steps to enrollment before the start of the semester. Just follow the steps below, and you'll be on your way to becoming a student at the College.
Not sure what kind of student you are? Let us help you figure it out before you get started.
Complete an Admissions Application
You will receive an acknowledgement email within 3-5 business days with your student identification number and confirmation that your application has been received. This email will also link you to a personalized VIP page. The VIP page provides information regarding your specific areas of interest and will make enrolling easier by highlighting your next steps in the application process.
If you have questions, please email us or call 215-751-8010.
Apply for Financial Aid
If you need help, attend a free FAFSA completion workshop at the College. Visit the Financial Aid section of the College's website to view the latest schedule of workshops and explore other financial aid options.
If you have additional questions, please email the Office of Financial Aid.
Activate Your MyCCP Student Account
Your MyCCP account contains critical information, including your financial aid status, registration information and your College-assigned email. If this is your first time logging into MyCCP, click on 'How do I get MY user name and password?' You will need your student ID number and social security number or portal access number to access your College-assigned login information. You must check your MyCCP account on a regular basis to make sure you don't miss important messages from the College.
Satisfy Your Placement Requirement
Your placement levels—in writing, reading and math—are used to determine if you will be placed into college-level courses or if you first need to enroll in developmental classes or pre-college workshops.
Placement is satisfied by submitting one of the following:
- You received a minimum SAT score of 510 in English and 470 in mathematics, or a minimum ACT score of 21 in English and 17 in mathematics within the past two years.
- You received a minimum AP English Lit/Com Exam score of 4 or a minimum Calculus AB or Calculus BC exam score of 4 within the past two years.
- You received a minimum IBT (internet-based TOEFL) score of 77 overall and a 20 in writing within the past two years.
- You received a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 overall and a 6.0 in writingwithin the past two years.
- You have an official transcript indicating you earned a U.S. college degree or have passed college-level English or math with a grade of "C" or higher at an accredited U.S. college or university.
All documents (transcripts and test scores) submitted for placement should be emailed or mailed to:
Community College of Philadelphia
1700 Spring Garden Street
Transfer Credit and Placement Office, MG-17
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Register for Classes
Schedule your registration appointment through your MyCCP account. In this appointment you will meet with a counselor to talk about your placement level and/or college transcripts, and desired program of study and to create your class schedule.
You will need to pay tuition and fees by the payment deadline to preserve your class schedule. You can view your many payment options here.
Transfer Students: You must request a copy of your official transcripts from prior accredited institutions and submit them with a Transcript Evaluation Request Form.
If you need assistance:
- Visit us in the Welcome Center on Main Campus or the Regional Center nearest you
- Email us
- Call the Admissions Information Center at 215.751.8010
- Veterans: Visit the Veterans Resource Center on Main Campus in the Bonell Building, Room BG-43, or online
- International Students (F1 visa): Visit the International Student Services Office on Main Campus in the Bonnell Building, Room BG-42 or online