Staffed by professional counselors, the College’s Counseling Center offers you free educational, career and personal counseling services. Counselors also assist both current students and graduates who wish to continue their education at another institution. Information discussed in counseling is kept strictly confidential.
Counselors assist you in these areas:
- Improving study skills
- Balancing work and other responsibilities with school
- Withdrawing from school
- Changing majors
- Selecting and registering for courses (when on academic probation)
- Developing self-esteem, confidence and problem-solving skills
- Resolving conflicts and crises affecting school work
- Seeking other resources in the community
- Assessing and evaluating interests, values and abilities
- Exploring the world of work (salaries, educational and training requirements, employment outlooks)
- Relating interests, values and abilities to careers
- Making a career change
- Maximizing credit transfer
- Locating information on transfer schools
- Deciding when to apply for transfer
Walk-ins & Appointments
The Counseling Center is located in Room BG-07. Students without an appointment can see a counselor on a first-come, first-served basis for a 15-minute session. Students who need more time with a counselor can make an appointment for a private counseling session.
Hours & Locations
Fall and spring semester hours:
Monday - Thursday
8:45 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (please call for summer hours)
Appointments can be made at the reception desk in the Bonnell Building, Room BG-07 or by calling 215.751.8169.
Northeast Regional Center
Call 215.972.6372 for an appointment.
Northwest Regional Center
Call 215.751.8773 for an appointment.
West Regional Center
Call 267.299.5850 for an appointment.