Bookkeeping Certificate Program
Understanding basic accounting principles and maintaining accurate financial records is critical for all business and nonprofit organizations. This hands-on bookkeeping program focuses on the essential skills needed in today’s business environment. You will learn to work with general ledger, assets, liabilities, equity accounts, balance sheets, income statements, basic payroll, merchandise inventory, and internal controls and fraud prevention. The program is designed based on the standards established by the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB).
Program Eligibility Requirements: Prospective participants must hold a high school diploma or GED.
What Will Students Learn?
Upon completing this program students will have an understanding of how to:
- Apply accrual accounting concepts to transactions that span fiscal periods
- Trace the effect of accrual and deferral transactions to financial statements
- Apply accounting concepts and the basic tools of financial analysis in identifying and correcting errors
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare payroll transactions, from paying wages to depositing and reporting taxes
- Apply accounting concepts to depreciation transactions, including various methods of calculating depreciation for book and tax purposes
- Value inventory, record costs, make entries, and report inventory on financial statements
- Help your company or client use basic internal controls to prevent theft, embezzlement, or check and credit card fraud by employees, customers, or vendors
- Adjusting entries
- Correction of accounting errors (including the bank reconciliation)
- Book and tax depreciation
- Basic payroll
- Merchandise inventory
- Internal controls and fraud prevention
Who Should Attend?
Those interested in transitioning into a bookkeeper position, small business owners, and any managerial professional needing to enhance their skillset.
Workshops that compliment this program include:
- Microsoft Excel 2016 – Advanced
- Microsoft Excel 2016 – Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel 2016 – Basic
- Microsoft Word 2016 – Advanced
- Microsoft Word 2016 – Basic
- Microsoft Word 2016 – Intermediate
- Quickbooks - Get Going with QuickBooks Online
- Quickbooks - Keep Going with QuickBooks Online
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Sept. 16 - Dec. 2, 2019 - 5:30 - 9 p.m.
and Dec. 9; 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Center for Business and Industry
|$799 (Tuition: $599, Text $200)|
Distance Learning Section
|Online||$599 (Tuition: $599, Text: must purchase on own prior to class:
College Accounting: A Career Approach. 13th Edition, by Cathy J. Scott)