Transfer to Community College of Philadelphia to Fulfill Your Academic Goals
If you’re transferring from another college or university and intend to obtain a degree or certificate from the College, follow these steps to admission:
STEP 1 – Complete an online application.
STEP 2 – Request official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities requiring evaluation for transfer credit.
**If you have attended a college/university located outside of the United States, your foreign credential MUST be evaluated for U.S. equivalency PRIOR to receiving a transcript evaluation from Community College of Philadelphia. Access the National Association for Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) for a listing of approved agencies. Upon completion, submit ONLY the foreign credential evaluation by approved agency to Community College of Philadelphia via mail or email.
- Mail transcripts OR Foreign Credential Evaluation to:
Community College of Philadelphia
Transfer Credit and Placement Office
1700 Spring Garden Street, MG-17
Philadelphia, PA 19130
TRANSCRIPTS OR FOREIGN CREDENTIAL EVALUATION MUST REMAIN SEALED IN THE ORIGINAL ENVELOPE FROM THE COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OR AGENCY TO BE CONSIDERED OFFICIAL.
- Email transcripts OR Foreign Credential Evaluation to:
Transcripts MUST be sent DIRECTLY from the college, university or agency to email@example.com to be considered official.
STEP 3 – Log into MyCCP.
To complete this step, you will need your Student Identification Number (J#), which is issued by Community College of Philadelphia. Please allow 3-5 business days for receipt upon completing the online application in STEP 1. After receiving your (J#), log into MyCCP, click the Student tab and access the Admissions Forms located in the Electronic Forms Channel. Complete and submit the Transcript Evaluation Request form for processing.
Please note the following:
Placement testing, a requirement before entering the College, will be waived if you have successfully completed college English and/or college math. Visit our Placement Test page for more information.
- Please refer to the Course Equivalency Guide for Transfer to Community College of Philadelphia for a listing of institutions and their equivalences, but please note that this listing is not a comprehensive catalog of all institutions.
- Students are encouraged to have their transcripts evaluated prior to registering for classes.
If you have any questions, you can:
- Check out our Transfer Student FAQs
- Contact the Admissions Information Center at 215.751.8010 or the Transfer Credit and Placement Office at 215.751.8866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.