Steps to Enrollment
Our admission process is designed with your ease in mind—just follow the steps below! We encourage you to apply by August 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester to ensure you have enough time to complete the steps to enrollment before the start of the semester. Just follow the steps below, and you'll be on your way to becoming a student at the College.
Not sure what kind of student you are? Let us help you figure it out before you get started.
STEP 1 - Apply for Admission
After you submit the application, you will receive an acknowledgement email within 3-5 business days with your student identification number and confirmation that your application has been received. This email will link you to a personalized VIP page. The VIP page provides information on your specific areas of interest and will highlight your next steps in the application process.
If you have questions, please email us or call the Admissions Information Center at 215-751-8010.
STEP 2 - Activate Your MyCCP Student Account
- Schedule a placement test (if needed)
- View critical information, including your financial aid status and registration information
- Access your College-assigned email.
If this is your first time logging into MyCCP, start here. You will use your student ID number (include the “J”) and Social Security number or portal access number to access your College-assigned login information. You must check your MyCCP account on a regular basis to make sure you don't miss important messages from the College.
STEP 3 - Satisfy Your Placement Requirement
Your placement levels—in writing, reading and math—are used to determine if you will be placed into college-level courses or if you first need to enroll in developmental classes or pre-college workshops.
Placement is satisfied by submitting one of the following:
- A minimum old* SAT score of 510 in English (or a New SAT score of 560 in Evidence Based Reading/Writing) and old* SAT score of 470 in mathematics (or a New SAT score of 510 in mathematics), or a minimum ACT score of 21 in English and 17 in mathematics within the past two years
*SAT scores before March 2016
- A minimum AP English Lit/Com Exam score of 4 or a minimum Calculus AB or Calculus BC exam score of 4 within the past two years
- A minimum IBT (internet-based TOEFL) score of 77 overall and a 20 in writing within the past two years
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.0 overall and a 6.0 in writing within the past two years
- An official transcript indicating you earned a U.S. college degree or have passed college-level English or math with a grade of "C-" or higher at an accredited U.S. college or university.
You can also take a placement test at the College's Main Campus or one of our Regional Centers. Learn more about the placement test. You may schedule your placement test online through your MyCCP account or attend one of the available walk-in sessions.
Transfer Students: To have credits applied from another institution to your Community College of Philadelphia record, you must log into MyCCP and under Electronic Forms, complete and submit the Transcript Evaluation Request form.
All documents (transcripts and test scores) submitted for placement should be emailed or directed to:
Community College of Philadelphia
Transfer Credit and Placement Office
1700 Spring Garden Street, MG-17
Philadelphia, PA 19130
STEP 4 - Register for Classes
For registration at the Main Campus, schedule your registration appointment through your MyCCP account. At Regional Centers, you may schedule an individual appointment with the Counseling Office. In this appointment, you will meet with a counselor to talk about your placement level and/or college transcripts, desired program of study and to create your class schedule.
STEP 5 - Pay for Classes
You will need to pay tuition and fees by the payment deadline to preserve your class schedule. You can view your many payment options here.
If you need assistance in the enrollment process:
- Visit us in the Welcome Center on Main Campus or the Regional Center nearest you
- Email us
- Call the Admissions Information Center at 215.751.8010
- Veterans: Visit the Veterans Resource Center on Main Campus in the Bonnell Building, Room BG-43, or online
- International Students (F1 visa): Visit the International Student Services Office on Main Campus in the Bonnell Building, Room BG-42 or online