The First Class program provides eligible students with an opportunity to take their first college credit course tuition free!*
*Tuition free is based on a course at three (3) credit hours. Eligible students will be financially responsible for hours exceeding three (3) credits. (See Course Offerings for credit hours.)
- Must not have any prior college credit coursework
- Present employer must be a current member of one of the following organizations:
African American Chamber of Commerce
Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia
Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau
To participate in the program, eligible students will be responsible for paying the following fees:
- Course fees (See Course Offerings listing for applicable fees.)
- Distance Education Course Fee (Online and hybrid courses only)
- New Student Processing Fee
- Non-Resident Capital Fee
For fee descriptions and amounts, please reference the College's Tuition and Fees listing.
How to Apply
1. Complete the online admissions application. Please allow 3-5 business days after completing your admissions application to receive your Student Identification Number (J#), which is issued by Community College of Philadelphia.
2. Schedule a Placement Test. Log into MyCCP, click the Student tab and access Enrollment Services. Click Schedule a Registration Event and access Schedule Placement Test.
3. Search for course offerings. After receiving your notice of acceptance to the College, access CourseFinder to obtain the five-digit course reference number (CRN) for intended course of registration. Prerequisites must be completed prior to enrollment in any course.
4. Complete and submit the First Class Program Application for processing. Log into MyCCP, click the Student tab and access Admissions Forms located in the Electronic Forms Channel. Complete and submit the First Class Program Application for processing.
For inquiries, please contact the Admissions Information Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.751.8010.