FACILITIES, FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT
Transforming Places & Spaces
The College’s new Career and Advanced Technology Center opened this summer at the corner of 48th and Market streets in West Philadelphia. The state-of-the-art building will serve as a learning hub for some of the College’s state-of-the-art degree and career training programs that prepare students for the health care, advanced manufacturing and auto tech industries. Meeting space and high-tech resources are available for public use, making it uniquely significant for the local community. Learn more about the Center, including naming opportunities, at ccp.edu/catc.
Last fall, the College’s Library and Learning Commons on Main Campus opened its doors with redesigned and expanded spaces. The new facility has readily available support services, multimedia rooms, multi-use spaces for study, a Saxbys Café and more. The Absalom Jones Courtyard was named with a generous gift of $100,000 from Rosalie Phipps and Craig Stock. Rev. Absalom Jones was the founding pastor of St. Thomas African Episcopal Church in Philadelphia. Before becoming the first black ordained priest in the Episcopal Church, Jones played a key role in providing care during the 1793 yellow fever epidemic, during which the manor at Bush Hill, an estate outside the city, was turned into a temporary hospital. The College’s Main Campus sits on land of the former Bush Hill estate, near the hospital site.
In partnership with Saxbys, the College launched an experiential learning café inside the Library and Learning Commons. The café is designed for and run by students, creating a new pathway for students from all backgrounds to develop entrepreneurial skills and embolden their communities.
Be a part of the transformation of spaces and places on campus—many naming opportunities for the College’s new buildings and other facilities are available. Learn more at ccp.edu/catc and ccp.edu/llc, or contact email@example.com.