Career and Advanced Technology Center
How do we build a better and brighter future for Philadelphia?
The answer is found in spaces where our city’s diverse communities are all welcome to take part in creating solutions together. Those spaces are where our vision for the Career and Advanced Technology Center begins. Our goal is to bring career training and community building to the forefront of our neighborhoods through state-of-the-art facilities, support for local entrepreneurship, and hands-on learning experiences for fields that are in demand.
The course offerings at the Career and Advanced Technology Center will focus on career readiness and creating a thriving workforce in our city’s transportation, manufacturing and health care fields. Opening in 2022, the Career and Advanced Technology Center will not only include state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities, but also spaces and technology that will be completely open for public use.
Building features will include:
- Energy efficient design that utilizes a high amount of natural lighting
- LEED certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
- Green rooftop for students and community members
- Second floor patio with an adjoining room for events that can accommodate 75-100 guests
- Learning commons and multiple conference rooms for student collaboration
Both for-credit and noncredit course offerings will see significant improvements at the Career and Advanced Technology Center. These programs will undergo a major expansion and upgrade with the completion of the CATC.
Transportation and Logistics Technologies Training
- Square footage of the auto space will be increased to 15,000 sq. feet (three times the size of the current program)
- New manufacturer partnerships with a variety of companies and industry leaders
- Diesel and heavy equipment technology
- Increased number of connective and autonomous vehicles for hands-on learning
- Noncredit PennDOT and Emissions Inspector Certification offerings to bring professional mechanics into a state-of-the-art facility
- STEM transportation summer camps
Advanced Manufacturing Training
- CNC lab size will be tripled
- Additional, flexible lab space for programs like the noncredit Gas Distribution Pipeline program
- Electromechanics and welding will be offered all in one space, creating interdepartmental synergy and interdisciplinary learning opportunities
Entry-level Health Care Career Training
- Central Sterile Processing
- Lab space for noncredit certified nurse assistant and dental assisting programs
- Additional lab space for future health care programming
Innovation Hub for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
- Community workspace labs will feature 3-D printing and other state-of-the-art tools
- Community room and patio will be open for community use
- Power Up Your Business will utilize the space to offer tools to further innovation for local entrepreneurs
- Collaboration with Enterprise Center for new programming
- Pre-College STEM Academy will serve students and families from the following schools: Barry, Hamilton, Lea, Locke and Rhoads
Support this Project
We’re bringing career readiness and community building to West Philadelphia, and we would love for you to join in our mission. For more information on how you can support our vision and the Career and Advanced Technology Center, please contact Leslie Bluestone (Associate Vice President for Leadership Gifts, 215.751.8068, firstname.lastname@example.org), Patti Conroy (Major Gifts Officer, 215-751-8214, email@example.com) and Lyvette Jones (Major Gifts Officer, 215-751-8046, firstname.lastname@example.org). To support this project, please visit www.ccp.edu/donate.