Library and Learning Commons
Imagine... A redesigned Main Campus Library and Learning Commons will allow Community College of Philadelphia to lead the way in revolutionizing how learning happens. Students will feel like they have a space that belongs to them at the heart of the College.
Enhancements include a new Learning Commons with readily available support services, multimedia and other technology rooms, several multi-use spaces for individual and small group study, a study lounge with a café, as well as a collaborative makerspace where students and faculty can gather to develop creative projects using a variety of tools and materials.
Explore the One Button Studio
A fully-featured digital video production studio that is designed to be both powerful and easy to use, requiring no prior video production experience. Available to all students, faculty, and staff. Examples of Studio projects include:
- Rehearsing for class presentations in any discipline
- Creating online course introductions
- Recording an interview with one or more participants
- Creating ePortfolio materials or video essays
- Practicing your public speaking and language skills
- Using the green/blue screen to create visual effects
- Creating videos for online instruction, such as MOOCs
- Creating videos for recruitment, training or professional development seminars
This is is a STUDENT space—a welcoming, supportive and safe place for studying, socializing, reading and relaxing. It is truly the heart of the College.
Support this Project
We invite you to explore this unique opportunity to lend your name or the name of a loved one to this space. Please contact Leslie Bluestone (Associate Vice President of Institutional Advancement, 215.751.8068, firstname.lastname@example.org), Patti Conroy (Major Gifts Officer, 215-751-8214, email@example.com) and Lyvette Jones (Major Gifts Officer, 215-751-8046, firstname.lastname@example.org). Visit the Community College of Philadelphia Foundation page for more information.