Are you thinking of starting your own business or improving your current business? If so, the Entrepreneurship and Innovation proficiency certificate program courses will provide information on planning, funding, accounting, marketing, and law for the entrepreneur that is essential to the foundations of a successful business. In this program, students will learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur, and they'll get to apply this knowledge by creating a marketing plan for their own unique businesses.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Proficiency Certificate
|Course Number and Name
|ENTR 101: Entrepreneurial Thinking
|ENTR 170 - Diversity in Entrepreneurship
|ENTR 180 - Entrepreneurship & Human Resources
|ENTR 101, may be taken concurrently
|ENTR 210 - Entrepreneurial Failures & Risk
|ENTR 250 - Launch a Business
|BUSL 125 - Customer Service Leadership
General Education Requirements:
All general education requirements necessary for graduation are met through the courses in the program as indicated above. Students who wish to take courses that differ from the general education courses indicated above must complete a course substitution request form. To access the form, login to the MyCCP portal, and in the Student tab, under Electronic Forms, click on the Records and Registration Forms link, then choose Request For Course Substitution Of Graduation Requirement link. A more detailed explanation of the College's general education requirements is also available.
General and Operations Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources.
in the region
in the region
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct administrative activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits.
How well does it pay?
New workers generally start around $62,869. Normal pay for General and Operations Managers is $134,811 per year, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as $297,825.