This course offers instruction in the knowledge necessary to pass the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification exam, including an in-depth review of AWS architecture principles and best practices. The content covers all the key areas addressed in the exam and reviews a number of use cases designed to help students ingrain the principles and practices on which this certification is based using an intellectual framework with which to formulate the correct answers.
This comprehensive program starts with foundational instruction on Amazon Web Services with coverage on cloud computing and available AWS services, as well as a guided hands-on look at using services such as EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud), S3 (Simple Storage Service), and more. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) course is designed to provide a solid foundational understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure-as-a-service products. The course covers concepts necessary to understand cloud computing platforms, working with virtual machines, storage in the cloud, security, high availability, and more. The overall instruction combines demonstrations, architectural diagram walkthroughs, and case studies where students will gain a deeper understanding of the technical details pertaining to the implementation of services in accordance with the 5 pillars of the AWS Well Architected Framework.
- Employ proper security and networking methods in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understand computing, storage, databases and employing analytics in AWS
- Use AWS developer, management tools, mobile and application services
- Comprehend high availability, fault tolerance, principles, calculate services availability and how to plan for applications to be truly highly available
- Indicate how network topology contributes to a more resilient infrastructure
- Explain how DynamoDB and other data models affect performance and how it can be improved for write- or read-heavy applications
- Use fully managed and powerful services such as kinesis, lambda, elastic container service and API gateway
- Understand how securing account credentials and ensuring proper access to resources is a vital first step in securing infrastructure, applications and data
- Identify and employ principles and techniques that can guide securing infrastructure most effectively
- Secure data using access controls, as well as encryption in transit and at rest
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
Optional Volunteer Externship Opportunity
Learners who complete this program are eligible to participate in an optional volunteer externship opportunity with a local company/agency/organization whose work aligns with this area of study in order to gain valuable hands-on experience. As learners progress through their eLearning program, an externship coordinator will reach out to coordinate placement.
Note: Additional documentation including health records, immunizations, drug screening, criminal background checks, etc. may be required by the externship facility.
Upon registering, you have six (6) months to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to Start Today!
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.