The Dialysis Technician certification program is designed to train students the practical skills and theoretical knowledge required to enter the health and wellness field as a patient care technician. Program topics include medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology of the kidney, blood chemistry, renal diseases, and disorders, with appropriate interventions. Students will be trained to operate dialysis equipment and learn how to communicate effectively with patients and team members. This program will prepare graduates to take the Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician Certification Exam and be prepared to start work as a CCHT, Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician.
Students are required to purchase the following textbook prior to the first class: Core Curriculum for the Dialysis Technician, 6th Edition. ISBN: 978-1937886059
- Work under the supervision of a registered or licensed practical nurse to administer this life-sustaining procedure in a highly invasive and specialized patient care environment
- Perform the hemodialysis procedure, which removes waste products from the patient’s blood
- Have a working knowledge of how blood is removed from the patient’s body, cycled through the artificial kidney for cleansing of metabolic waste products before returning to the patient
- Create daily reports for patient status regarding specimens obtained for testing
- Possess core knowledge to take the professional certification exam for Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT)
Optional Volunteer Externship Opportunity
Learners who complete this program will have the opportunity to interview for an optional volunteer externship with a local company/agency/organization whose work aligns with this area of study in order to gain valuable hands-on experience. Certain grade requirements must be met to be eligible for externships.
Note: Additional documentation including health records, immunizations, drug-screening, criminal background checks, etc. may be required by the externship facility.
Meet a panel of our Dialysis Technician instructor and industry experts. Help individuals with kidney diseases and disorders by learning how to operate dialysis equipment. Hear about the vast employment opportunities as you begin your path to enter into this important field.
RSVP for the virtual Dialysis Technician information session Monday, February 20, 2023 | 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Can’t attend the information session? Watch the recorded Health Care and Wellness program information session here.
Payment Plan Available
This program is eligible for a payment plan as a 34% Down payment and 2 Monthly installments. Select this option at time of checkout to pay a 34% deposit at time of checkout, and then be billed (invoiced) in two equal installments. Please note the first installment is due on the month the course starts. *Based on prices as of June 2022: $679.66 [down payment] + $659.67 [1st installment] + $659.67 [2nd installment] = $1,999 [total cost of the program].
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Center for Business and Industry, C1-14
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday