Electrical technicians assemble, install, test, maintain and repair electrical wiring and equipment. They work in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, research and electronics, using their knowledge of blueprint reading to work on electrical systems.
This program focuses on broad, transferable skills, including an understanding of the electrical trade, the National Electrical Code® and more to prepare for entry-level careers in this growing field. This course is designed to prepare students to pursue the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Course Completion Card for 10-hour Course for Electrical. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
- Describe the building trades and technology industry and associated career paths
- Explain the proper use, care, maintenance, and safety considerations for using common power tools
- Identify common rigging equipment and procedures used on a construction site
- Apply electrical and circuit theory, measurement, and knowledge of schematic diagrams to electrical tasks
- Using the National Electrical Code® (NEC®) information properly
- Knowledge of electrical boxes and mounting procedures to electrical tasks
- Properly bend, cut, ream, and thread conduit; select and install various types of raceways, fittings, and conductors; build a low voltage and coax cable
- Interpret electrical drawings, lighting plans, power riser diagrams, equipment schedules, and specifications
- Complete electrical system planning and installation in residential and commercial dwellings
- Use various types of electrical test equipment
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
- Anytime learning, complete lessons and assignments on your schedule within 6 months
- Video lesson presentations to bring the content to life
- Assessments and activities to ensure you’re on track for success
Optional Volunteer Externship Opportunity
Learners who complete this program are eligible to participate in an optional volunteer externship opportunity with a local company/agency/organization whose work aligns with this area of study in order to gain valuable hands-on experience. As learners progress through their eLearning program, an Externship Coordinator will reach out to coordinate placement.
Note: Additional documentation including health records, immunizations, drug-screening, criminal background checks, etc. may be required by the externship facility.
Upon registering, you have six (6) months to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to Start Today!
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.