Begin Your Career with W.I.T.S. NCCA Accredited Personal Trainer Program at Community College of Philadelphia!
Prepare for one of the hottest jobs in America! Corporate Solutions and the World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.) together offer a personal trainer national certification workshop at Community College of Philadelphia. This six-week intensive workshop provides in-class theory and hands-on practical training. Virtual lectures cover anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition and more. The in-person practical skill labs cover essential hands-on skills to master assessing clients, stretching, warm-ups/cool downs, exercise analysis with execution, and programming design. This course prepares students for the National Exam held on the sixth week. Test vouchers ($450 value) and extra access to our online CPT course to review lectures and labs included at no extra cost.
Earn a Level 1 certification upon completion of the workshop and successfully passing the written, practical exams, and providing proof of current CPR certification*. Level 2 certification is achieved once you complete a 30-hour employer mentored internship.
Seating is Limited!
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)/ Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification is required in order to sit for your exams and is not included in this course. Proof of a live hands-on CPR/AED course (online courses will NOT be accepted) can be uploaded or faxed with your test voucher. Community College of Philadelphia also offers an American Heart Association BLS/CPR Certification course that meets the requirement for the Personal Trainer Certification. W.I.T.S. must receive proof of the CPR/ AED no later than 7 days prior to your first scheduled test date.
- Students are required to purchase a textbook prior to the first day of class. Contact W.I.T.S at 1-888-330-9487 or order your book here. Alternatively, you may order the text: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition, with web resources (ISBN-13: 9781492523376) online at Amazon.com.
Download the program syllabus. It is recommended that you read the following chapters to prepare for the first day of class: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 26.
Student Testimonials: Find out what former students are saying about the W.I.T.S Personal Trainer Program.
- Live “interactive” instruction
- 15 hours of lecture and 15 hours of hands-on practical training at onsite fitness facility
- 30-hour internship included
- Upon successful completion students will be nationally certified through World Instructor Training School.
Are you thinking about becoming a fitness professional like a Certified Personal Trainer? Meet a panel of great teachers, past graduates and employers in a special presentation to help you with your career choice. Learn all the essential information to be a successful in the fitness industry. We will review the core knowledge and how we role play the practical skills to be the trainers that clients trust as their Certified Personal Trainer. The W.I.T.S. program is Accredited through NCCA which is the #1 requirement of most employers. Bring all your questions and be ready to have a fun interactive exchange on launching your career.
The U.S. Dept. of Labor predicts a 39% increase in employment projections for Fitness Trainers from 2020-2030. National average hourly wage is $19.50. Be your own boss! Supplement your current salary or work full time as a personal trainer.
Lectures (15 hours)
- Exercise Physiology
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- Biomechanics and Applied Kinesiology
- Health Screenings
- Fitness Testing
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Exercise
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
Practical (15 hours)
- Fitness Assessments
- Client Rapport
- Biomechanics of Exercise
- Equipment Usages
- Weight Training Techniques
- Proof of current CPR (for issuance of certificate). This must be a live hands-on CPR/AED course. (Online courses will not be accepted.) Community College of Philadelphia also offers an American Heart Association BLS/CPR Certification course that meets the requirement for the Personal Trainer Certification.
- Attendance is required to complete the training (1 missed class permitted)
- Passing grades on both the written and practical exams
- Completion of 30-hour practical internship (Level 2 Certification)
- Class Prerequisite: Must be at least 18 years of age and have received a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
(Live Online virtual lectures
|$935 (Tuition $900, Gym Fee: $35)|