A Business Center with a Business Mission
The College’s newly expanded Northeast Regional Center, where the Center for Small Business Education, Growth and Training is located, is a technology-rich, learning friendly and eco-friendly facility. Led by a team of corporate educators and workforce development experts, the Center is designed to:
- Provide high quality, readily accessible assistance to prospective and existing businesses
- Create an environment where business owners and leaders can interact and exchange ideas
- Partner with the Greater Northeast Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce in promoting the knowledge, expertise and strength of their combined networks
- Provide technical support through confidential one-on-one counseling to individuals starting or expanding a business
- Offer resources such as an interactive white board, featuring an intuitive touch screen and high-definition images; free computer and Internet access for research and small business use, including specialized software and multimedia tools; a library filled with small business resources; and smart classroom
- Technology for workshops and seminars
- Help businesses reach financial goals; create, review and enhance business plans; and achieve success
Workshops and Training
Initiatives Designed to Create Opportunities
The Center for Small Business Education, Growth and Training provides critical services, activities and resources.
Small Business Roundtables offer business-specific and industry-specific discussion groups moderated by entities like SCORE® (Counselors to America’s Small Business).
Non-fee Business Seminars are available through a recurring series co-hosted with SCORE and the U.S. Small Business Administration on:
- Doing business with the federal government
- Access to capital
- M–8(a) and HubZone program certifications
Quarterly Breakfast Seminars provide topic-specific sessions featuring guest speakers who are industry experts, discussing timely issues such as:
- Starting and growing your own business
- Effective social media networking in business development
Consulting Services include one-on-one free mentoring to individual businesses and regular monthly access to diverse specialists to address business-related questions. Appointments are available on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month at the Northeast Regional Center and on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month at the West Regional Center. To make an appointment please contact the Center for small business at 215-972-6254 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our series of workshops and events designed to support business owners at various stages of development.