Power Up Your Business
Power Up Your Business is a FREE, neighborhood-based approach to support small business owners in Philadelphia—like you—to give you the tools you need to grow your business and help your community thrive.
This new and innovative program was designed for businesses across Philadelphia. We're bringing entrepreneurs and business owners together to learn from one another, as we provide the education and training to help you adapt to challenges and run your business efficiently.
Community College of Philadelphia has a strong history of helping small businesses. In the past three years alone, we have helped nearly 300 small businesses grow their revenue and jobs, and we have provided counseling and resources to another 140 businesses in the past year.
Building from these experiences, the College will focus on commercial corridor and other neighborhood-based businesses that define our communities across the city. As an institution with three neighborhood-based Regional Centers and a central Main Campus, the College is in a unique position to serve Philadelphia's small business community.
Key partners include neighborhood-based business advisory groups and chambers of commerce, financial lenders, and community-based organizations with a focus on small businesses and entrepreneurship. These connections will provide an opportunity to build and strengthen connections for small businesses.
Power Up Your Business program is free to all participating businesses. You can participate in our individual workshops through our Store Owner Series, apply to our 12-week Peer-Based Learning Experience, or join our 6 workshops for Industry Best Practices.
Store Owner Series
We offer a series of workshops for small businesses to help them run and manage their business more effectively. The workshops are held in various neighborhoods throughout Philadelphia.
- Capital & Credit
- Social Media Strategy
- Accounting Software
- City Taxes
- Grow Your Business Online
- SEO Strategies
- Commercial Leasing
Peer-based Learning Experience
Apply for our 12-week course in small business management and planning where you will gain tools needed to run a successful business and develop a tactical improvement plan.
Training program includes:
- Team of experts that teach marketing, financials, human resource and operations, insurance and legal, and how to develop a tactical improvement plan
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs through our peer-based learning model
- Coaching support from a business coach and financial coach
- Our training is held in local Philadelphia communities in Northeast, West, Northwest, South, and nearby Center City
PHL Community Startup Accelerator
Aims to provide entrepreneurs with quality business training, coaching, and technical assistance support to build a sustainable and scalable business model. The program is a collaboration between Community College of Philadelphia's Power Up program and LA 21 CDC.
Who Should Apply
This program is for any small business owners located in or residing in Philadelphia, including formal, informal, home-based and side hustle businesses, interested in finding the right business model and building a strong foundation for their businesses to thrive. Minority or immigrant entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
What you will get:
- Business Coach: Each entrepreneur is paired with a business coach to guide you throughout the training
- Professional Service: Access to legal, accounting, HR, branding and marketing professionals to make sure your business is established correctly and has the right processes and technology to optimize operations for scaling and profitability
- Access to Funders: Relationships that you will need for long-term growth
- Resources: Access additional business development workshops and resources from partner organizations
- The deadline for Cohort 2 applications is February 12, 2021
- Class starts on February 22, 2021. This is a 12-week class that meets once a week for 3 hours.
Industry Best Practices Series
These courses target the unique needs of specific industries to strengthen resiliency and foster growth. Industry experts will lead a deep dive into topics such as regulations, laws and customer bases, as well as differentiating essentials of broader topics.
Each series, offered to small businesses for free, are comprised of six 90-minute workshops designed to help you establish improving industry-specific best practices.
These series will support businesses in the restaurant, child care and hair industries, as well as others.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 215.496.6151