Power Up Your Business
Power Up Your Business is a FREE, neighborhood-based approach to support small business owners in Philadelphia—like you—to give you the tools you need to grow your business and help your community thrive.
Innovation, acceleration and growth are the foundations for a vibrant small business community. This innovative group of Power Up Your Business programs was designed for businesses across Philadelphia. We're bringing entrepreneurs and business owners together to learn from one another as we provide the education and training to help you adapt to challenges and run your business efficiently.
Community College of Philadelphia has a strong history of helping small businesses. In the past five years alone, we have helped nearly 300 small businesses grow their revenue and jobs, and we have provided counseling and resources to another 1,000 businesses.
Building from these experiences, the College will focus on commercial corridor and other neighborhood-based businesses that define our communities across the city. As an institution with three neighborhood-based Regional Centers and a central Main Campus, the College is in a unique position to serve Philadelphia's small business community.
Key partners include neighborhood-based business advisory groups and chambers of commerce, financial lenders, and community-based organizations with a focus on small businesses and entrepreneurship. These connections will provide an opportunity to build and strengthen connections for small businesses.
The Economic Case for Power Up
See the impact of the Power Up Your Business program throughout Philadelphia.
Power Up Your Business is free to all participating businesses. The College offers four distinct programs. You can participate in our individual workshops through our Store Owner Series or join one of our Industry Best Practice Series programs. For more in-depth business help, apply for our Community Startup Accelerator or our 12-week Peer-Based Learning Experience for established businesses.
Store Owner Series
We offer a series of workshops for small businesses to help them run and manage their business more effectively. The workshops are held in various neighborhoods throughout Philadelphia.
- Capital & Credit
- Social Media Strategy
- Accounting Software
- City Taxes
- Grow Your Business Online
- SEO Strategies
- Commercial Leasing
Peer-based Learning Experience
Apply for our 12-week course in small business management and planning where you will gain tools needed to run a successful business and develop a tactical improvement plan.
Training program includes:
- Team of experts that teach marketing, financials, human resource and operations, insurance and legal, and how to develop a tactical improvement plan
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs through our peer-based learning model
- Coaching support from a business coach and financial coach
- Our training is held in local Philadelphia communities in Northeast, West, Northwest, South, and nearby Center City
Industry Best Practices Series
These courses target the unique needs of specific industries to strengthen resiliency and foster growth. Industry experts will lead a deep dive into topics such as regulations, laws and customer bases, as well as differentiating essentials of broader topics.
Each series, offered to small businesses for free, are comprised of 2-hour workshops designed to help you establish improving industry-specific best practices.
These series will support businesses in the restaurant, e-commerce, manufacturing, childcare, and hair industries, as well as others.
Community Startup Accelerator
The Community Startup Accelerator aims to provide entrepreneurs with quality business training, coaching and technical support to build a sustainable and scalable business model. This series is for any small business owner located in or residing in Philadelphia. Minority or immigrant entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
Participants will benefit from:
- Business Coach—each entrepreneur is paired with a business coach to guide you throughout the training
- Professional Service—access to legal, accounting, HR, branding and marketing professionals to make sure your business is established correctly, and has the right processes and technology to optimize operations for scaling and profitability
- Access to Funders—relationships that you will need for long-term growth
- Resources—access additional business development workshops and resources from partner organizations
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 215.496.6151