Oct. 15 |11 a.m. to 12 p.m. | Join us on Zoom
Moderated by: Laura Davidson, associate professor, Allied Health, and Health Care Studies coordinator
Facilitated by: Beena G. Patel, Ph.D., assistant professor of Biology, and Science and Technology Pathway facilitator; and Joe Noyes, assistant professor and assistant department head of Biology
Hear from STEM and Health Care alumni as they speak about their education and career journeys, from their days as Community College of Philadelphia students to their current job roles and what the future holds for them. Alumni speakers include:
- Yun S. Yoo, Ph.D., assistant professor of Mathematics, Community College of Phildelphia
- Elizabeth Janine Maloney, Biology lab aide, Community College of Philadelphia; Marine Biology student at the University of Delaware
- Bunthon You, Pharm.D., licensed pharmacist at Rite Aid PharmacyTamisha Hardee, Nursing instructor, Community College of Philadelphia
- Linda Carr, Ph.D., assistant professor, Allied Health, Community College of Philadelphia
- Valerie F. Jalick, assistant professor and program director, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology, Jefferson College of Health Physicians
Sponsored by the Science and Technology and Health Care Academic Pathways, the event will include a moderated Q&A session with audience questions at the end. You will also have the chance to meet our new vice president for Academic and Student Success, Dr. Alycia Marshall.
The Science and Technology Pathway provides a solid foundation to excel in many areas and can lead to any STEM-related career paths. The Health Care Pathway provides students with the foundational support necessary to enter one of the College's health care programs, or transfer to bachelor's or master's degree programs in the health sciences.
Have a question? Contact Beena Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Noyes at email@example.com. We hope to see you there!