All full-time students at Community College of Philadelphia are invited to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Read on to learn about our teams, eligibility requirements, game schedules and more. With over 40 years of athletic competition, the College has built strong relationships with many of the region's four-year universities. Our athletes have gone on to compete at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I, II and III levels; in Minor League Baseball; and the NBA.
Be a Part of a Winning Tradition
The College's athletics teams have a long history of success and championship titles. Community College of Philadelphia is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and competes in Region XIX as part of the Eastern Pennsylvania Athletic Conference (EPAC):
- Compete against skilled teams in the area
- Participate in regional tournaments and national championships
- Opportunities to earn All-American, Academic All-American, All-Region and All-Tournament awards
- Nationwide exposure and support from several national organizations
Am I Eligible?
Interested in participating in intercollegiate athletics at Community College of Philadelphia? If so, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be enrolled full-time carrying a minimum of 12 credits and remain in at least 12 credits during the semester of competition
- Earn 12 credits with a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester
- Complete a physical examination prior to the season
- Complete an NJCAA eligibility affidavit
- Submit a copy of your official high school transcript(s). If you have not attended a U.S. high school for the last 3 years, please submit a high school diploma and proof of age (birth certificate, passport or driver's license)
- Submit college transcripts from previous institution(s) if you transferred from another college
The College offers seven intercollegiate teams for you to choose from:
Men's and women's cross country compete under the National Junior College Athletic Association. The men's and women's cross country teams have won 11 state championships and 10 conference championships combined with a number of students receiving Runner of the Year honors.
Track and Field
Men's and Women's track and field compete under the National Junior College Athletic Association. The track team also competes at NCAA Division I, II and III invitationals, as well as USA Track and Field (USATF) meets, winning several events along the way.
The men's and women's indoor and outdoor track and field teams compete during the spring semester. Schedules will be posted when they are finalized.
Rogers Glispy, Director of Athletics, 215.751.8965
Lynsey Grace, Coordinator of Athletics, 215.751.8968
Cleante Parson, Fitness Center Coordinator, 215.751.8967
Jesús Godoy, Equipment Manager, 215.751.8005
Anita Lewis, Administrative Assistant, 215.751.8964
Tryouts and Additional Information
Tryouts begin Aug. 1 for fall sports, Oct. 1 for winter sports and Jan. 10 for spring sports. Practice and study hall will be held daily, and support services are available for all student athletes to ensure ongoing academic success. All student athletes are advised to schedule classes that end by 2 p.m. in order to avoid conflicts with practice and game schedules.
For up to date scores and information visit the sport pages on the Region XIX website and follow us on social media: