Web Development I Proficiency Certificate
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students who complete this certificate will be able to:
- Design, code, and deploy web sites written in HTML and CSS.
- Build database-backed web applications.
- Develop and program server-side scripts capable of storing, retrieving, updating, and deleting data that can be controlled via HTML pages used on a standard web browser.
- Demonstrate the use of APIs and how to develop them.
- Design and develop databases to intelligently store and manage real world data.
- Produce web sites capable of changing behavior for logged in and anonymous users.
- Dynamically retrieve and display content for specific users of a web site.
- Create user interfaces and tools that are well designed and are accessible to users.
- Demonstrate core programming concepts, such as the use of variables, loops, arrays, objects, conditionals, and functions.
- Create dynamically updated pages via AJAX.
- Explain and manipulate fundamental network technologies and concepts.
- Explain and manipulate common networking protocols.
- Explain and utilize multiple network management and troubleshooting methods.
Program Entry Requirements:
This certificate is open to interested students. New students are normally required to take the College’s placement test at their time of entry. Students who are identified as needing developmental course work must satisfactorily complete the appropriate English and mathematics courses as part of the certificate. Students who possess personal computer application skills may test out of CIS 103 - Applied Computer Technology.
Program of Study and Graduation Requirements:
Successful completion of the certificate requires a “C” grade or better in each of the courses listed. In order to receive a “C” grade or better and thus demonstrate competency, students must complete assignments, exams and participate in class activities.
|Course Number and Name||Prerequisites||Credits|
|CIS 103 - Computer Applications & Concepts*||3 credits|
|CIS 130 - Web Page Design I||CIS 103||3 credits|
|CIS 205 - Database Management Systems||CSCI 112, which may be taken concurrently, or CIS 103||4credits|
|CIS 244 - Server-Side Web Development||
CIS 130, CIS 114, CIS 205 which may be taken concurrently
|CIS 150 - Network Technology||4 credits|
* Students who possess personal computer application skills may test out of CIS 103 - Computer Applications & Concepts.
Minimum Credits Needed to Graduate:
General Education Requirements:
All general education requirements necessary for graduation are met through the courses in the program as indicated above. Students who wish to take courses that differ from the general education courses indicated above must complete a course substitution request form. To access the form, login to the MyCCP portal, and in the Student tab, under Electronic Forms, click on the Records and Registration Forms link, then choose Request For Course Substitution Of Graduation Requirement link. A more detailed explanation of the College’s general education requirements is also available.
For More Information, Contact:
The Computer Technologies Dept., Room C3-1, 1700 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130, Telephone (215) 496-6134; or the College Information Center (215) 751-8010.
Gainful employment information is intended to provide students with better information about the effectiveness of college programs in preparing students for careers. Information provided includes estimated program costs and time needed to complete the program, financing options and related careers.