The Career Readiness Soft Skills Pre-Apprenticeship Program prepares participants for entry into employment, registered apprenticeship programs, or further education in any career field. The program includes classroom instruction and national industry-recognized certification.
The program teaches the critical soft skills needed to find and keep employment including critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal and life skills, budgeting, and basic math skills. These skills are covered in the program through the following courses:
- Critical Thinking (6 hours)
- Working in Teams (6 hours)
- Problem Solving (6 hours)
- Interpersonal Communication (6 hours)
- Winning Work Habits Overview (6 hours)
- Life Skills (12 hours)
- Budget Basics (12 hours)
- Basic Math Review (10 hours)
- ACT WorkKeys (12 hours)
Participants will also receive individualized career counseling and support with resume development, job searching, and interview preparation. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of program completion, and will be enrolled to take the ACT National Career Readiness Certification examination.
This FREE program is for:
- Unemployed or underemployed individuals
- Out of School Youth
- Low income individuals
- Citizens with disabilities
Minimum Entry Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Program Dates (All sessions will be held online)
- Day Program: May 3 to June 15, 2021 | 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Deadline for applications is May 1, 2021
- Evening Program: May 10 - June 22, 2021 | 6 to 9 p.m.
- Deadline for applications is May 8, 2021
This project was financed in part by a PA Smart grant from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Labor & Industry.
Complete the form below for additional information about the Career Readiness Soft Skills Pre-Apprenticeship Program.