If you’re an international student (holding or seeking an F-1 Visa) interested in applying to Community College of Philadelphia, follow the steps below to get started. We encourage you to apply by July 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester to ensure you have enough time to complete all of the steps before the start of that semester. Just follow the steps below, and you'll be on your way to becoming an international student at the College.
Step 1- Apply
Complete an Admissions Application: Apply Online
You will receive an acknowledgement email within three to five business days with confirmation that your application has been received. The first step is to complete the online application for international students.
Fall Semester: July 1; Spring Semester: Nov. 1
Step 2 - Submit Required Application Documents
International applications that need an I-20 to apply for or maintain F-1 status should submit all of the following documents in order to be considered for admission to the College. An application is not considered complete until all of the items listed below are submitted.
1. High School Record: OFFICIAL* secondary school (high school) completion/graduation certificate or diploma or official academic record showing completion/graduation date. All documents must be translated into English. For certain educational systems, qualifying exam scores will be accepted in place of a diploma (ex. WAEC and GCSE).
2. "Affidavit of Support" Form: This must be signed by you and all financial sponsors. Please note that the name on the bank statement and the name on the Affidavit of Support form must match. If the bank statement is in your name, then this form is not necessary. This can be submitted via email.
3. Financial Documents: A recent bank statement or letter on bank letterhead (translated into English) and demonstrating a minimum amount of $28,000 USD. The bank statement must be less than six months old. Bank statements are accepted in all currencies but must be written or translated into English. This can be submitted via email.
5. A copy of the passport photo page.
6. If you are already in the United States, please include:
- Copy of current visa
- I-94 card/record
- Copy of current I-20 (if you have studied as an F-1 student at another school)
- TOEFL/SAT/IELTS scores
- OFFICIAL transcripts from a previously attended college or university
Foreign transcripts must first be evaluated by a NACES approved credential evaluation service (WES, ECE)
The International Student Services Office recommends completing the placement test prior to arriving in the United States. If you are interested in doing so, or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Please make sure to include your full name and date of birth in the email.
How to Submit Your Application
All documents should be labeled INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS. Then mail or deliver in person to:
Community College of Philadelphia
International Student Services (Bonnell Building, Room BG-42)
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Applications are typically processed in 1 to 2 weeks. All applicants will be notified by email about the status of their application. All documents submitted become the property of the College. Please submit official copies instead of originals.
If you have any questions, please contact the ISS Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.215.751.8863.
What makes a document OFFICIAL? Documents must be issued directly from the authorizing institution such as a bank, school or testing agency or a photocopy of the original that is stamped by an official such as a notary or magistrate. All official documents must have a stamp, seal or be printed on official letterhead paper from the authorizing institution.
|Estimated Cost of Attendance for International Students|
2019 – 2020 Academic Year (U.S. DOLLARS)
Tuition for 24 Credits (12 per semester) $477 per credit
Fees ($122 per credit)
Total for Tuition and Fees
Housing and Meals
|Books and Supplies||$1,200|
|Total for Additional Expenses||$15,250|
|Grand Total (one year)||$28,114|