Community College of Philadelphia can help your achieve your academic and career goals. Veterans, spouses and dependents may qualify to receive a monthly allowance toward tuition, allowing you to earn a college education for less. Follow the steps to enrollment below to get started. Service members must speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling at Community College of Philadelphia. 

We encourage you to apply by August 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester to ensure you have enough time to complete the steps to enrollment before the start of the semester.

If you have questions, please email the Veterans Resource Center.

Logos for the Military Advance Education and Military Friendly SchoolPNGAS Logo

Important Note about Financial Aid

Applying for financial aid early is critically important. Due to the volume of applications, it may take several weeks to process. Go to the U.S. Department of Education's website to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Community College of Philadelphia's Federal School Code is 003249.

After activating your MyCCP account, be sure to check regularly for updates and important messages concerning your financial aid status.

For Fall Applicants: The FAFSA will be available October 1 of the year prior to when you plan on starting school.

If you need help, attend a free FAFSA completion workshop at the College. Visit the Financial Aid section of the College's website to view the latest schedule of workshops and explore other financial aid options.

If you have additional questions, please email the Office of Financial Aid.

STEP 1 - Apply for Admission

Apply Online

Make sure to apply for Financial Aid (use Community College of Philadelphia School Code 003249 when filing your FAFSA).

Special note for veteran applicants: When completing the application for admission, your permanent address is the place you return to after a temporary absence including time served in the military. Additionally, even if you plan to transfer before earning your degree at the College, you must indicate it is your intention to be a degree seeking student to be eligible to utilize veterans benefits at the College.

If you have questions, please email us or call the Admissions Information Center at 215-751-8010.

STEP 2 - Apply for Veterans Education Benefits

The Department of Veterans Affairs offers several different programs for individuals who meet specific qualifications.

Once you have identified the program for which you are qualified, apply through the Veterans Online Application. You can request that a form be mailed to you by calling 1.888.GIBILL.1.

Next, submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility, which you receive from the VA, to the Veterans Resource Center at the College.

You must also file a Community College of Philadelphia Veterans Registration Certification Form at the start of each semester you wish to use the benefits. 

The form must be completed online and can be found through your MyCCP account under the student tab – Electronic Forms on the right side of the screen.

Veterans Certification form location

You may also qualify for additional state and federal financial aid. Refer to the information in the Financial Aid box to the right for details.

Guest Students

If you plan on taking courses to transfer to the college or university where you are currently a student, then you are a guest student. The VA will pay benefits for courses taken at secondary schools that apply to a student's degree. The school that will grant the degree is the student’s “primary” school. All other schools are “secondary” schools. The primary school must provide a “primary school letter” addressed to the College’s VA School Certifying Official. Letters should be emailed to Upon course(s) completed and posted grades, students should order a transcript to be sent to the primary school for appropriate transfer of credits. Transcripts can be ordered online. After applying to Community College of Philadelphia, follow the steps to enrollment for guest students to complete the admission process.

If you have questions, please stop by the Veterans Resource Center in the Bonnell Building, Room 43 on Main Campus or contact us at 215-516-3697 (Fax: 215-516-3605) or email

STEP 3 - Activate Your MyCCP Student Account

Your account allows you to:

  • Schedule a placement test (if needed)
  • View critical information, including your financial aid status and registration information
  • Access your College-assigned email.

If this is your first time logging in, start here. You will use your student ID number (include the “J”) and Social Security number or portal access number to access your College-assigned login information. You must check your MyCCP account on a regular basis to make sure you don't miss important messages from the College.

STEP 4 - Satisfy Placement

Your placement levels—in writing, reading and math—are used to determine if you will be placed into college-level courses or if you first need to enroll in developmental classes or pre-college workshops.

Placement is satisfied by submitting one of the following:

  • You have an official transcript indicating you earned a U.S. college degree or have passed college-level English or math with a grade of "C" or higher at an accredited U.S. college or university.
  • You take a placement test at the College's Main Campus or one of our Regional Centers. Learn more about the placement test. You may schedule your placement test online through your MyCCP account.

Your transcripts should be emailed or mailed to:

Community College of Philadelphia
1700 Spring Garden Street
Transfer Credit and Placement Office, MG-17
Philadelphia, PA 19130

Transfer Students: To have credits applied from another institution to your Community College of Philadelphia record, you must request a copy of your official transcripts from prior accredited institutions and submit them with a Transcript Evaluation Request Form, available in MyCCP. Click the Student tab and access the Admissions Forms located in the Electronic Forms Channel.

All documents (transcripts and test scores) submitted for placement should be emailed or directed to:

Community College of Philadelphia
Transfer Credit and Placement Office
1700 Spring Garden Street, MG-17
Philadelphia, PA 19130

STEP 5 - Register and Pay for Classes

For registration at the Main Campus, schedule your registration appointment through your MyCCP account. At Regional Centers, you may schedule an individual appointment with the Counseling Office. In this appointment, you will meet with a counselor to talk about your placement level and/or college transcripts, desired program of study and to create your class schedule.

You will need to pay tuition and fees by the payment deadline to preserve your class schedule. You can view your many payment options here.

VA Benefits

We have provided an overview of the requirements necessary to be eligible for the VA benefits programs approved by Community College of Philadelphia. Please read the descriptions of the requirements listed below to determine which program you qualify for.

Montgomery GI Bill® (Chapter 30)
You are eligible if you enlisted after July 1, 1985; served at least two years on Active Duty; your pay was reduced by $100 per month for the first 12 months of service; you have an honorable discharge; and you have not passed the 10-year delimiting date.

Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserves (Chapter 1606)
You are eligible if you incurred a 6-year enlistment in the Selected Reserves or the National Guard after July 1, 1985; completed initial active duty training; are serving in good standing in your unit; and you have not passed the 10-year delimiting date.

Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
Dependents of veterans (spouses and children ages 18-26) are eligible if the veteran has a 100 percent service-connected disability or the veteran's death was service-connected.

Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
Veterans who suffered a service-connected disability while on active duty and need vocational rehabilitation as a result of their disability (normally 20 percent or greater) may be eligible for benefits. See more information about this benefit by clicking on the link above.

The Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
The Post-9/11 GI Bill is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after Sept. 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for this Bill, which became effective for training in 2009.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

If you need assistance in the enrollment process:

Additional Contacts

Local Philadelphia Veterans Benefit Office
Veterans Administration Office
5000 Wissahickon Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19101

Local Veterans Administration Hospital
Philadelphia VA Medical Center
3900 Woodland Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141