Joseph and Marie Field Foundation Opportunity Scholarship
If you graduated from high school but put off going to college, or if you started at Community College of Philadelphia a couple of years ago, but didn’t finish—this is your opportunity to get started or finish what you started—debt free.
Thanks to the Joseph and Marie Field Foundation Opportunity Scholarship, if you were unable to attend college after high school or if you started at Community College of Philadelphia, but didn’t finish, this is your opportunity to earn an associate degree with us with no cost for tuition and fees.
If you haven’t already applied, your first step is to apply to Community College of Philadelphia.
Our fall semester is just around the corner—classes begin on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. So, apply now to get started and take advantage of this opportunity.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet other established criteria. If you qualify for financial aid grants, those dollars will be applied first; then the College will provide financial support for tuition and fees unmet by grants.
If you’ve already applied and received your J#, your next step is to complete a scholarship application:
- Login to MyCCP
- Under ‘MyCCP Quick Links,’ click on the ‘Student Quick Links’ folder and click ‘Apply for Scholarships’
- This will take you to the scholarships site; next, click on the ‘Sign In’ button on the top right to start your application
If selected, you will be required to accept the terms of the scholarship, including those necessary to maintain eligibility.
Initial Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a graduate of a Philadelphia high school;
- Be enrolling at Community College of Philadelphia for the first time since high school graduation or returning to Community College of Philadelphia after a leave of two or more years;
- Satisfy college-level English placement requirements;
- Matriculate into an associate degree program at the College;
- Plan to transfer to a four-year institution upon completion of your associate degree; and
- Submit the FAFSA application by the required deadlines.
- Must reside in Philadelphia at time of enrollment.
Maintaining Eligibility Criteria
You must meet the following requirements to continue to receive the scholarship:
- Make steady progress toward an associate degree by continuous enrollment;
- Enroll in a minimum of six (6) credits each semester, excluding summers;
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average at the end of each semester;
- Complete the FAFSA renewal application by the required deadline; and
- Meet with assigned advisors, counselors and academic support staff.
This Scholarship will cover the costs of tuition and fees unmet by financial aid grants (up to 15 credits per semester). Support will continue for students who maintain good academic standing and continue to meet the established criteria for up to three years if enrolled full time and five years if enrolled part time, or until the completion of an associate degree, whichever comes first.