In 1999, the Commonwealth committed itself to giving Pennsylvania businesses a significant competitive edge. Created by the Department of Community & Economic Development — DCED — and made available through the Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania — WEDnetPA — this program provides qualified employers training for new and existing employees. The training allows companies to stay competitive while keeping their employee’s skills current and relevant.
As a WEDnetPA partner, Corporate Solutions has administered millions of dollars in workforce training grants for area companies and is the point of contact for qualified companies who apply for WEDnetPA.
In order to simplify, become more efficient and customer service focused, WEDnetPA has recently consolidated funding to streamline the application process. Currently, the Program requires only one application, one training plan and one contract. Companies can apply for up to $100,000 (with a max of $2,000 per employee) in Job Skills Training (JS) funds.
WEDnetPA has also expanded eligibility requirements for companies and types of trainings.
Eligible companies include:
- Technology-based companies
- Building and construction
- Health Care
- and more!
Eligible training categories include:
- Business Operations (customer service, leadership, HR)
- Computer Operations (word processing, spreadsheets, database software)
- Machine Operations and Maintenance (hydraulics, motor controls, pneumatics)
- Manufacturing Fundamentals (blueprint and schematic reading, welding, electricity)
- Manufacturing Technology (3D printing, CAD/CAM/CNC/PLC, electronics)
- Product and Process Control (continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, six sigma)
- Workplace Behavior Skills (communications, diversity, teamwork)
- Workplace Health and Safety (active shooter, fire safety, confined space)
- Software Implementation (coding, e-commerce, SCRUM)