Through this 12 week, 36-hour program, you will gain practical skills that you can immediately put into action and learn how to create a business improvement plan to help grow your business. Learn the foundations of small business management and other tools needed for a successful small business through this FREE training program that provides the following:
- Team of experts that teach marketing, financials, human resource and operations, insurance and legal, and how to develop a tactical improvement plan
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs through our peer-based learning model
- Coaching support from a business coach and financial coach
- Our training is held in local Philadelphia communities in Northeast, West, Northwest, South, and nearby Center City so local businesses can connect and network easily
Who is Eligible
- Business located within the City of Philadelphia.
- In business for at least one year with some sales (sales cannot exceed $1 million)
- Have one full-time equivalent employee (can include owner or 2 part-timers)
- Must be an owner, have an ownership stake or be a decision maker in the company
Dates and Locations
Workshops are from 6 to 9 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Wednesday, June 7, 2023, through August 30, 2023
Applications due May 21, 2023
Classes will be in person at the Northeast Regional Center.
Wednesday, September 13, 2023, through December 6, 2023
Applications due August 20, 2023
Classes will be in person at the Career and Advanced Technology Center.
Wednesday, January 17, 2024, through April 10, 2024
Applications due December 10, 2023
Classes will be held virtually.
Peer-Based Learning cohorts occur three times per year. Class size is limited.
More than 300 businesses located in every zip code in Philadelphia, have completed this incredible free program.
To qualify for acceptance to the Peer-Based Learning Experience program, your business must be operational and registered within Philadelphia city limits.
How to Apply
To apply for the Peer-based Learning Experience program, simply complete our online application and email the following business verification information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Submit one of the following:
- a copy of your most recent business tax return
- a copy of your most recent Profit and Loss Statement
2. Submit a copy of your City Commercial Activity License (CAL): Applicants who do not have their CAL at time of submission may obtain it prior to the start of the program.
3. Applicant must obtain a support letter (recommendation) from their area CDC, business association, civic association, City council person, or from a small business support organization.
Apply for the Peer-based Learning Experience Today
Thinking about enrolling but need additional information or assistance with registering?