The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician (CPT) is a nationally portable, industry-led program that prepares and certifies individuals for career pathways in advanced manufacturing. The CPT Certification addresses the core technical competencies of higher skilled production technicians in all sectors of manufacturing. This online training program delivers the 21st Century, in-demand skills that today’s employers need for over 6 million frontline production jobs.
The Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) is the nation’s leading industry-led training, assessment and certification organization focused on the core technical competencies needed by the nation’s front-line production and material handling technicians.
Training topics include:
- Orientation to Manufacturing - Shop floor etiquette; Operation of common powered and non-powered hand tools; Manufacturing support team responsibilities
- Safety in the Workplace - OSHA Standards; Personal protective equipment; Training and leadership
- Quality Practices & Measurement - Blueprint reading; Quality measurement processes; Problem solving
- Production Processes & Manufacturing - Mechanical principles and linkages; Machine processes, tooling and operations; Production planning, workflow and control
- Maintenance Awareness - Machine fundamentals and maintenance; Basic electrical circuits and measurements; Machine automation and control concepts
Offered in a hybrid blended with 60-hours of in-class instruction and 60-hours in an online environment working through interactive learning modules, the CPT program consists of 120-hours of training designed to provide students with the core competencies of front-line manufacturing production workers. This curriculum prepares you to define the importance of manufacturing, demonstrate safe work habits, display proper use of power tools, interpret basic mechanical blueprints and more.
The CPT program allows you to sit for four individual certification modules offered through the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC):
- Quality Practices and Measurement
- Manufacturing Processes and Production
- Maintenance Awareness
Full CPT Certification is available to those who pass all four core modules. The nationwide MSSC certifications, based upon industry-defined and federally endorsed national standards, offer both entry-level and incumbent workers the opportunity to demonstrate that they have acquired the knowledge and skills increasingly needed in the technology-intensive advanced manufacturing and logistics jobs.
CPT are the only national industry certifications, for both manufacturing and logistics, accredited under ISO 17024 (personnel certification) and endorsed by the National Association of Manufacturers.
Workforce Development Program Scholarships
The Community College of Philadelphia Foundation and its donors are pleased to offer scholarships to students enrolling in select Workforce Development courses. To submit your scholarship application, follow the steps in this Workforce Development Program Scholarship Application Guide.
Hear about the advanced manufacturing industry and employment opportunities as you begin your path to a new career.
Watch the recorded Advanced Manufacturing information session here
Thinking about enrolling but need additional information or assistance with registering?
Contact us with your questions here.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Monday - Friday
Located at the southeast corner of 48th and Market.