In every business where a manager supervises a group of employees, that manager is responsible for some aspect of human resources, and successful managers know the importance of keeping up with current laws and HR best practices. This course equips managers with foundational HR knowledge in areas related to employee recruitment and selection, onboarding and training, compensation, and performance management.
- Describe the role of the manager in HR tasks
- Consider different approaches to employee recruitment
- List the steps involved in employee selection
- Review various methods for evaluating prospective employees
- Describe the importance of onboarding
- Distinguish between training and development
- Describe common types of training and training delivery methods
- Identify elements of compensation
- Consider the importance of wage equity and competitiveness
- Distinguish between legally mandated and optional benefits
- Compare various methods of performance appraisal
- Explain the importance of progressive discipline
Upon registering, you have ninety (90) days to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to get started today!
Course Hours: 3 Hours
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.