This is an advanced certification for fitness professionals and other types of health occupations like therapists. Take the next step in your career and offer new services to a wide variety of clients. In this challenging exercise course, learn the core essentials of helping clients with specialized chronic illness. You will be able to practically apply the knowledge in programming safe and effective workouts. This MFS Level 1 Certification includes a written core exam and a practical case scenario exam to demonstrate operational safe and effective competency.
- Prescribe physical activity or exercise for individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities
- Utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to provide clients with chronic conditions or disabilities quality physical activity options
- Understand the importance of professional networking as it pertains to the collaborative treatment of individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities
- Evaluate the health status of individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities
- Identify common medications prescribed to treat a variety of chronic conditions or disabilities
- Modify existing exercise programming for newly diagnosed individuals
Prerequisite: Certified Personal Trainer
Students are required to purchase the necessary textbook prior to the first class.
ACSM’s Exercise Management for Persons with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities-4th, American College of Sports Medicine Geoffrey Moore J. Larry Durstine Patricia Painter, © 2016. ISBN: 978-1450434140
Upon registering, you have six (6) months to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to get started today!
Course Hours: 30 Hours
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.