This program provides learners the entry level skills required to start a career in plumbing in residential and commercial environments. Tasks include installing, maintaining, and repairing many different types of pipe systems. This course is designed to prepare students in safety issues and practices, personal protective equipment, use of critical safety information, confined-space safety. Students will also be introduced to plumbing tools, applicable math as well as plumbing drawings, interpretation and application to layout and installation. Further, students will look at various pipe and fittings as well as all of the fixtures and water systems they'll encounter on the job. Finally, students will understand basic customer service and communication tools.
- Professional skills required for success and career advancement in the industry
- Proper use, care, maintenance, and safety procedures for using common equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Identifying, storing, measuring, cutting, joining, and working safely with plastic, copper, cast-iron, and carbon steel pipes and fittings; installing, maintaining, and repairing different types of plumbing fixtures including sinks, lavatories, faucets, bathtubs, showers, toilets, urinals, bidets, drinking fountains, water coolers, and appliances
- Explaining how waste moves from a fixture through a drain system to the environment, the components of a drainage system including traps, and the process and components of water distribution in municipal, residential, and private water systems
- Understanding and complying with local plumbing codes, health issues, types of code violations, and consequences related to DWV systems
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
|OSHA Course Completion Card for 10-Hour Course|
- Anytime learning, complete lessons and assignments on your schedule within 6 months
- Video lesson presentations to bring the content to life
- Assessments and activities to ensure you’re on track for success
Optional Volunteer Externship Opportunity
Learners who complete this program are eligible to participate in a volunteer externship opportunity with a local company/agency/organization whose work aligns with this area of study in order to gain valuable hands-on experience. As learners progress through their eLearning program, an Externship Coordinator will reach out to coordinate placement.
Note: Additional documentation including health records, immunizations, drug-screening, criminal background checks, etc. may be required by the externship facility.
Upon registering, you have six (6) months to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to Start Today!
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner