All too often, employees are promoted into a supervisory position with little to no formal training in the complicated roles and responsibilities of a supervisor. New supervisors are presented with a host of new challenges and expectations. Learning how to supervise your new employees on a trial-and-error basis can lead to discouragement and frustration. Start your new career off right by learning the groundwork that you will need to adjust in your new role. This workshop can help you overcome many of the problems a new supervisor may encounter, and teach you the skills needed for effective supervision.
What Will Students Learn?
- Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
- Learn strategies to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
- Develop a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
- Learn strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
- Adjusting to your role
- Action-centered leadership
- Making plans and setting goals
- Defining leadership
- The Situational Leadership Model®
- What’s your type? How about mine? (Leadership Assessment)
- Team building tips
- Communication skills and motivating employees
- Orientation and onboarding
- Training tips and tricks
- Providing feedback and doing delegation right
- Dealing with conflict and managing discipline issues
Who Should Attend?
Employees transitioning into a supervisory role, first-line supervisors, new supervisors, and any managerial professional needing to update their skillset.
Workshops that compliment this program include:
"I enjoyed the Professional Supervisor training. It was an informative, engaging and interactive program that provided me with new ideas and takeaways that I can immediately implement at work. I am confident that the techniques I learned in the program will assist in my growth as a leader."
-- Perla, Professional Supervisor Certificate
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Tuesdays & Thursdays