Public speaking is one of the most common anxiety-inducing experiences. Whether delivering a speech in front of a large audience or having a direct conversation with one or two other people, we often allow stress and nerves to impede our ability to deliver a clear message. This course is designed to help learners understand the causes and signs of speaking anxiety and learn practical ways to address their speaking fears.
- Define speaking anxiety
- Identify the common signs and symptoms of speaking anxiety
- Explain the typical causes of speaking anxiety
- Discuss the role of self-confidence in combating speaking anxiety
- Practice confidence building strategies
- Explain and demonstrate relaxation techniques, such as equalized breathing, tension release, and visualization
- Consider how to manage anxiety in one-on-one and small group interactions
- Identify tips and tools for handling anxiety when delivering a speech in front of a large audience
Upon registering, you have ninety (90) days to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
|Register to get started today!||Online||Free through June 30, 2021|
Course Hours: 3
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.