Events, people, and circumstances fill our normal daily lives—along with a certain amount of stress. Stress is at epidemic levels in the world today. Currently, as many as 90 percent of all visits to health-care providers in the United States are considered to be stress-related. Stress affects every aspect of the body, mind, and spirit, resulting in a wide range of symptoms from headaches or stomach ailments to heart disease or death.
Understand strategies and therapies used to reduce and manage stress. The outcome of this certificate is to describe the physiological, social, and psychological aspects of stress. Examine the relationship between stress and health, nutrition, and physical activity. Identify causes and health effects of workplace stress. Explore ways to reduce and manage stress.
Accreditation: ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Lesson 1 - Physiology of Stress
- Lesson 2 - Social Context of Stress
- Lesson 3 - Psychology of Stress
- Lesson 4 - The Effects of Stress on Health
- Lesson 5 - Stress and Nutrition
- Lesson 6 - Stress and Physical Activity
- Lesson 7 - Workplace Stress
- Lesson 8 - Journaling: Healthy Living Through Self-Discovery
- Lesson 9 - Stress Reduction Techniques and Therapies
Upon registering, you have six (6) weeks to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
|Register to Start Today!||Online||$84|
Course Hours: 14 Hours
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.