Staffed by professional counselors, the College’s Counseling Center offers you free educational, career and personal counseling services. Counselors also assist both current students and graduates who wish to continue their education at another institution. Information discussed in counseling is kept strictly confidential.
All new transfer students, readmit students and students on academic probation must connect with a counselor to register for courses. We are still registering for Fall 2022 (10-week and 7-week courses). Spring 2023 (January start) will not begin until late October 2022.
- Academic Probation students, please complete this form for registration appointment.
- New Transfer students, please complete this form for registration appointment.
- Readmit students, please complete this form for registration appointment.
- Requesting a SAP Education Plan, please complete this form.
Once we receive your request, you will be contacted by our Intake Receptionist or a Counselor about registration and next steps.
Drop-in Counseling Sessions
Please see below the days and times we will be providing both virtual and in-person drop-ins. All drop-in sessions are on a first come first serve basis.
September 14 to December 17, 2022
In-Person Drop-in Session Dates and Times:
- Wednesdays, 1 pm - 4 pm and Thursdays 9 am - 12 pm
- If you are a new transfer student, you need to make an appointment to meet with a counselor by completing this form.
Virtual Drop-in Session Dates and Times:
In addition to appointments, students are encouraged to attend our virtual drop-in hours:
- Mondays and Tuesdays, 11 am to 1 pm
- Join our virtual drop-in hours for choosing/changing majors, withdrawing/dropping a course and other quick questions
- Join a virtual drop-in session
For academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling, please complete this form for a non-registration appointment request, or contact Counseling at email@example.com or 215-751-8169. Please include a message with your name, J number, cell phone and/or email, and a counselor will be in touch with you.
Counselors can assist you in these areas:
- Improving study skills
- Balancing work and other responsibilities with school
- Withdrawing from school
- Changing majors
- Registering for courses (new transfer students, readmit students, and students on academic probation)
- Developing self-esteem, confidence and problem-solving skills
- Resolving conflicts and crises affecting school work
- Seeking other resources in the community
- Assessing and evaluating interests, values and abilities
- Exploring the world of work (salaries, educational and training requirements, employment outlooks)
- Relating interests, values and abilities to careers
- Making a career change
- Maximizing credit transfer
- Locating information on transfer schools
- Deciding when to apply for transfer
Walk-ins & Appointments
The Counseling Center is located in Room BG-07. Students without an appointment can see a counselor on a first-come, first-served basis for a 15-minute session. Students who need more time with a counselor can make an appointment for a private counseling session.
Hours & Locations
Fall and Spring semester hours:
Monday - Thursday
8:45 a.m. – 7 p.m.
8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Closed on Fridays in summer)
Appointments can be made at the reception desk in the Bonnell Building, Room BG-07 or by calling 215.751.8169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northeast Regional Center, Room 102
Call 215-516-3780 for hours.
Northwest Regional Center, Room 102
Closed at this time.
West Regional Center, Room 132
Call 215.516.3781 for hours.