Classes in the ESL Institute offer adult, non-native speakers of English the opportunity to improve their basic English language skills in order to actively increase their participation in the larger society, continue their education into academic programs or to prepare for citizenship.
Adults at least 18 years of age are eligible for the program.
Before enrolling for classes, prospective students must take the ESL Institute Placement Test.
The ESL Institute provides four levels of ESL instruction:
- ESL Intro (Low Beginner)
- ESL 1 (Beginner)
- ESL 2 (Intermediate)
- ESL 3 (High Intermediate)
- American Idioms (Advanced, only open to students who complete ESL 3)
Each level includes the four language acquisition skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Spring/Summer 2024 Courses
- COURSE FEE: $80 for each course (American Idioms: $100), plus the cost of textbooks
- REGISTRATION: Returning students: December 2023 - January 2024 registration for classes beginning January 16
- REGISTRATION: New students: Before you can register for classes you must be tested for placement in ESL. Placement testing for the spring semester is full. The next placement test will be in March for the summer 2024 semester, which begins May 2024. Sign up for the interest list HERE.
- PAYMENT: Payment can be made online using a credit or debit card, or in person on Main Campus. Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment. Refunds will be granted only if the class is canceled or the student withdraws before the first class meeting. To withdraw, you must email Adultliteracy@ccp.edu.
- Questions: Call 215-751-8531 or email email@example.com.