The English as A Second Language Institute will be offering courses during the summer 2021 semester. All courses will be offered online. If you have any questions, please email Adultliteracy@ccp.edu.
Information Sessions for Summer 2021 Online Courses
All summer 2021 English as a Second Language Institute courses will be held entirely online. We are hosting brief information sessions for students to learn more about taking online classes and the registration process. All students, new and returning, are encouraged to attend an information session prior to the start of the semester. Please use the link below to sign up for a virtual session. The sessions will be held on Monday, March 15, 2021 at 12 p.m. and 7 p.m. Please sign up at least 24 hours in advance to ensure that you will receive the Zoom link prior to the start of the session.
ESL Institute Placement Testing for Summer 2021
If you are a new student and interested in the ESL Institute, you must take the ESL Institute placement test before enrolling in a course. Taking the placement test does not guarantee you a seat in the program. Sign up using the link below and make sure to sign up at least 24 hours in advance to receive the test information. Placement testing is administered online. The placement test dates are as follows:
- Monday, March 22 at 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 22 at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 24 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 24 at 7 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes in the ESL Institute offer adult, non-native speakers of English the opportunity to improve their basic English language skills in order to actively increase their participation in the larger society, continue their education into academic programs or to prepare for citizenship.
Adults at least 18 years of age are eligible for the program.
Before enrolling for classes, prospective students must take the ESL Institute Placement Test.
The ESL Institute provides four levels of ESL instruction:
- ESL 1 (Beginner)
- ESL 2 (Intermediate)
- ESL 3 (High Intermediate)
- American Idioms (Advanced)
These levels follow the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) competencies model, which integrates the four language acquisition skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Summer 2021 Courses
- COURSE FEE: $80 for each course (American Idioms: $100)
- CLASSES: To be announced.
- REGISTRATION: Returning students: To be announced.
- REGISTRATION: New students: Before you can register for classes you must be tested for placement in ESL. Sign up for a placement test today. You will be assigned a registration date and time after placement testing. To inquire about placement testing, call 215-751-8531 or email email@example.com.
- PAYMENT: Payment can be made online using a credit or debit card. Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment. Refunds will be granted only if the class is canceled or the student withdraws before the first class meeting. To withdraw, you must email Adultliteracy@ccp.edu.