Classes in the ESL Institute offer adult, non-native speakers of English the opportunity to improve their basic English language skills in order to actively increase their participation in the larger society, continue their education into academic programs or to prepare for citizenship.
Adults at least 18 years of age are eligible for the program.
Before enrolling for classes, prospective students must take the ESL Institute Placement Test.
The ESL Institute provides four levels of ESL instruction:
ESL Intro (Low Beginner)
- ESL 1 (Beginner)
- ESL 2 (Intermediate)
- ESL 3 (High Intermediate)
- American Idioms (Advanced, only open to students who complete ESL 3)
These levels follow the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) competencies model, which integrates the four language acquisition skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Spring 2023 Courses
- COURSE FEE: $80 for each course (American Idioms: $100)
- REGISTRATION: Returning students: April 2023
- REGISTRATION: New students: Before you can register for classes you must be tested for placement in ESL. Placement testing for spring 2023 has ended. The next test for summer 2023 will be in April. Sign up for the Summer 2023 interest list HERE.
- PAYMENT: Payment can be made online using a credit or debit card, or in person on Main Campus. Payment is due AFTER registration is complete. Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment. Refunds will be granted only if the class is canceled or the student withdraws before the first class meeting. To withdraw, you must email Adultliteracy@ccp.edu.
- Questions: Call 215-751-8531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.