Information Sessions for Spring 2024 Courses
The English as a Second Language Institute will host brief information sessions on October 23 for students to learn more about noncredit ESL classes and the registration processes. All students, new and returning, are encouraged to attend an information session before the start of the semester. Please use the link below to sign up for a session. Please sign up at least 24 hours in advance.
ESL Institute Placement Testing for Spring 2024 Admission
New students MUST take the ESL Institute placement test before enrolling in a course. Taking the placement test does not guarantee you a seat in the program. Sign ups for the November placement test will open October 23. Sign up for the Spring 2024 interest list HERE to receive updates.
If you have any questions, please contact Gretchen Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes in the ESL Institute offer adult, non-native speakers of English the opportunity to improve their basic English language skills in order to actively increase their participation in the larger society, continue their education into academic programs or to prepare for citizenship.
Adults at least 18 years of age are eligible for the program.
Before enrolling for classes, prospective students must take the ESL Institute Placement Test.
The ESL Institute provides four levels of ESL instruction:
- ESL Intro (Low Beginner)
- ESL 1 (Beginner)
- ESL 2 (Intermediate)
- ESL 3 (High Intermediate)
- American Idioms (Advanced, only open to students who complete ESL 3)
Each level includes the four language acquisition skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Spring 2024 Courses
- COURSE FEE: $80 for each course (American Idioms: $100), plus the cost of textbooks
- REGISTRATION: Returning students: December 2023 - January 2024 registration for classes beginning January 16
- REGISTRATION: New students: Before you can register for classes you must be tested for placement in ESL. The next placement test will be in November for the spring 2024 semester, which begins January 2024. Sign up for the Spring 2024 interest list HERE.
- PAYMENT: Payment can be made online using a credit or debit card, or in person on Main Campus. Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment. Refunds will be granted only if the class is canceled or the student withdraws before the first class meeting. To withdraw, you must email Adultliteracy@ccp.edu.
- Questions: Call 215-751-8531 or email email@example.com.