The Advance at College dual enrollment program is a unique initiative providing Philadelphia’s motivated and talented high school students with an early opportunity to take college-level courses and experience a college environment while still enrolled in high school or while actively pursuing a GED.
Upon completion, students will have an official college transcript on file which may be applied toward an associate’s degree at Community College of Philadelphia or transferred to another college or university.
Advance at College gives you several advantages:
- opportunities to explore exciting academic and career paths in rapidly growing fields
- a chance to experience college life through courses and interaction with faculty
- a chance to meet other students and become familiar with the college environment
- access to the College’s rich array of resources, such as the Library, Academic Computing Center, Learning Lab and Career Services Center
- an opportunity to prepare for college by taking credit or developmental education courses
Save on Tuition
In order to serve the community by expanding access to the Advance at College program, Community College of Philadelphia offers a significant reduction in tuition to eligible Philadelphia high school students. As an added incentive, the College waives fees for Advance at College students. Textbooks and instructional materials are not included.
High school students must currently be in 11th or 12th grade, be motivated to take college-level courses while still in high school, and must demonstrate the academic ability and maturity necessary to succeed in a college-level course. Students must also take the College’s placement test and perform at a level indicating preparedness for the program’s coursework.
You must complete the Advance at College application online. Once you receive your CCP id number (J number) via email, you can walk-in for placement testing. Special dates for testing and special sections of courses can be arranged for groups of high school students.
For more information, please contact the Advance at College program office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.751.8933.